Actually this sentence is originated from a childhood poem...
Maybe I heard it while I was small. However, I had this feeling when I knew a sad news... 3 years ago.
Summer 2007:
My mom complaint about her poor-sightedness which had persisted for quite a long time. She decided to do a checkup. I accompanied her every time she went to Singapore for check-up and was praying for my mom...
The result is quite favorable but doctor said that there is the permanent crack in the retina and no cure for that. Fortunately, the defect is not severe and hopefully not worsen.
Ever since then, I must have realized the feeling of my mom... understand her and tolerate her in my life. Mom is strong to face the problem and she is still working hard until the age of retirement.
If I could touch the sky, if only I had the ability to cure my mom's eyes...
If I have realized all these... I shall do be best in my medical studies. I know the target, the future of my parents hoping for, the future that I will achieve.
Mom said to me: be an ophthalmologist so that I can investigate more on her eyes and can cure it.
I will think about it in the future...
to be a doctor, to protect my family and of course to save lives, prevent the sadness of losing the beloveds.
If I could touch the sky.
That is the courage driving me toward my future,
I will graduate and step into the medical field, standing at the most front line of life-saving.

0 comments:
Post a Comment