Impression
That is the city where I can escape from coldness.
As the 2014 Winter Olympic Host City, it definitely is developing and has the great potential to host a successful one. There are lots of modern buildings with stunning design being built. Truly, it is the city with less smoke. As the smoke-hater, I like the city on this matter.
Krasnaya Polyana
The ultimate aim in the trip is to ski! However, I have failed to ski down the mountain. Although I made the first move, I fell down and blocked the skiing track, it was so hard for me to stand up so I gave up and thought that I should go to a lower lower pit for beginners but after a short rest in cafe having a cup of coffee and a pie, there was an announcement that the skiing site closed early due to heavy snowing and we failed to find the easier pit (perhaps they don't provide that). I was very disappointed. I have the feeling kind of wasting the money, rental of the skiing gears... and turned out doing nothing. I know I have the courage to make the further move, I know falling down is nothing as the snow is soft. We didn't have the full suit (gloves, skiing jacket, tracksuits...) but only the skiing gears, with only winter jacket and jeans (??). The Russians there were seeing us as jokes... The ski blades size is larger than my optimal size as it is according to the height of my friend (at first I rented snow board but not skiing gears, and my friend rented skiing gears; we thought of taking turn to play different sports). I think that is the reason why I hardly walk with the skiing blades.
If I learn how to stand up after falling down, I can continue to ski, but it is so difficult. Perhaps I just don't have the strength. So I detached the skiing blades and try to adjust my position and reattached them back but I found it difficult as there are snow on the joining area of blades and shoes. I had to clean up the joining area first before I reattach them. If I knew earlier that there is a switch on each blade for attaching the shoe on it, it would be much easier to ski... (I discovered it afterwards)I will challenge again in the future. I won't curl up next time for sure!
Black Sea
It was great to be able to view the sea! I really miss viewing sea a lot after being in Kursk for quite some time. Sea and sky - that is the perfect scenery in my mind. Relax, take a deep breath... escape from the sadness, convert the sorrow into strength!

0 comments:
Post a Comment